Rehabilitative Services in Marietta GA
Rehabilitation can assist in reducing the immobilizing symptoms of chronic health problems like cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, or serious injury. Visit our professionals, Dr. Stephanie Smith, D.C., and Dr. Robin Young, D.C., at AIM Chiropractic & Fitness today! We are conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Ct., Suite A Marietta, GA 30067. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Rehabilitative services can have a wide range of purposes, from helping people with disabilities regain their independence to restoring function to people with neurological conditions. Rehabilitative services can include physical, occupational, or speech therapy, and can be provided in a variety of settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, home care, and schools. Rehabilitative services can improve the quality of life for people who use them and restore their normal level of functioning.
Rehabilitation includes rehabilitative services that are available in a variety of settings, including day programs, residential facilities, and outpatient facilities. There are several different types of rehabilitation, including:
– Physical Therapy — Falling under the umbrella of physical rehabilitation, this type of rehabilitative therapy works to improve movement dysfunction. Physical therapists work with patients to restore stability, strength, movement and/or functional ability; they also reduce pain through targeted exercises and a variety of other treatment methods.
– Occupational Therapy — This form of therapy focuses on restoring an individual’s ability to perform necessary daily activities, such as improving fine motor skills, restoring balance, or enhancing strength. It may also involve assisting patients in learning how to increase their functional ability with the use of adaptive equipment, along with other potential treatment options.
– Speech Therapy — This type of rehabilitation therapy is used to address difficulties with speech and communication, but may also be used for functional problems with swallowing.
– Respiratory Therapy – This form of rehabilitation therapy is used to aid patients who have breathing disorders or difficulties and works to help them decrease respiratory distress, maintain open airways and, when necessary, learn how to properly use inhalers and supplemental oxygen.
– Cognitive Rehabilitation – Also referred to as called cognitive-behavior rehabilitation, this type of therapy works with patients to improve thinking, memory, and reasoning skills, as well as expand upon their mental faculties.
– Vocational Rehabilitation – This form of therapy is geared toward preparing individuals to return to work after an injury, illness, or medical incident, such as a heart attack or stroke.
Rehabilitation is important because it can help people who have been injured or disabled to regain some of the function they may have lost as a result of their condition. Rehabilitative services can help people with disabilities regain their independence, improve their communication skills, and learn new tasks.
Rehabilitation is also important because it can help people learn new skills, cope with their symptoms, and regain control over their lives. These types of services can also help people get connected with community resources. In addition to this, rehabilitative therapy can help people who have difficulties with daily activities, such as dressing or bathing. Rehabilitation can help improve a person’s life in many ways.
Furthermore, rehabilitative services are sometimes necessary for people suffering from neurological conditions, such as strokes or cerebral palsy. They may be used to help the person regain strength and mobility, and improve their ability to function independently.
The main goals of physical therapy are:
– Rehabilitation and Recovery
– Optimal Function and Movement
– Prevention of Injury
– Improving Quality of Life
– Eliminating or Reducing Pain
– Preparing for Surgery for Faster Recovery
– Managing Chronic Conditions
Although physical rehabilitation is similar to physical therapy, and the two terms are often used interchangeably, there are some significant differences that definitely set these two terms apart. The main difference is that physical rehabilitation is a more general term for various professions, and physical therapy falls under the umbrella of physical rehabilitation.
If you or someone you love has suffered from an injury, illness, or disability, the professionals at AIM Chiropractic & Fitness can help you regain your strength and restore your mobility. Contact us today book an online appointment for rehabilitative services, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Court, Suite A, Marietta, GA 30067. We serve patients from Marietta GA, Roswell GA (East Roswell), Kennesaw GA, Smyrna GA, Vinings GA, Alpharetta GA, and Powder Springs GA. We look forward to serving you!