Cupping Therapy Specialist in Marietta GA
Cupping therapy helps with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation, and well-being. Visit AIM Chiropractic & Fitness to improve your overall health. We are conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Ct., Suite A Marietta, GA 30067. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on a patient’s skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation, and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. Cupping therapy dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, the Ebers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians used cupping therapy in 1,550 BC.
Cupping therapy has a longstanding reputation for its remarkable ability to ease discomfort and improve quality of life in various ways. The following conditions may improve with cupping:
– Low-Back Pain — Among people with acute and chronic low-back pain, cupping can help lessen pain and improve function.
– Fibromyalgia — Alone or with acupuncture and conventional medicine, cupping therapy has successfully relieved pain in patients with fibromyalgia, a condition of widespread musculoskeletal pain.
– Chronic Neck Pain — Cupping therapy can help relax neck muscles, increasing their flexibility and range of motion.
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome — Cupping may help reduce pain and numbness associated with carpal tunnel syndrome, a degenerative condition that affects the hands and wrists.
Cupping therapy also has the potential to treat:
– Digestive issues
– Diseases of the lungs and airways, including:
– Eczema (red, itchy skin) and boils
– High blood pressure (hypertension)
Cupping therapy is a versatile therapy that can achieve a wide range of amazing results and provide a long list of health benefits, such as:
– Eliminate weakness in the body
– Cure fever
– Fight against dermatological diseases
– Aid in preventing liver diseases
– Improve blood circulation
– Treat gastrointestinal diseases
– Heal rheumatic diseases organically
– Help the nervous system
Cupping techniques vary by many factors, including suction method, materials used with the cups, suction power, and the area treated, among others. Common techniques include:
– Dry cupping
– Massage cupping
– Flash cupping
– Wet cupping
– Needle cupping
– Laser cupping
– Herbal cupping
– Electrical stimulation cupping
– Magnetic cupping
– Water cupping
– Aquatic cupping
At AIM Chiropractic & Fitness, we offer traditional cupping therapy to help you with inflammation management and edema reduction for improving mobility, enhancing function, and restoring muscle tissue. It can also be utilized for improving structural dysfunction or removing scar tissue from past injuries. If you have any questions about the treatment, please ask your cupping therapist.
While cupping therapy can provide a long list of benefits and only a few mild side effects, it is not intended for everyone. The following group of people should be more cautious of cupping therapy, but may not have to avoid it completely:
– Children — It is not recommended for children below 4 years and older children should receive this therapy for very short durations, and only with the recommendation from a healthcare professional.
– Older People — With aging, the skin becomes more weak and fragile; also, elderly people may be on certain medications which can affect the therapy, potentially leading to adverse effects.
– It should be avoided during menstruation
People with the following conditions should strictly avoid cupping therapy:
– Pregnant women
– Those who are taking blood thinners
– Those who have sunburns
– Those who have an injury or wound
– Anyone who has had a recent trauma
– Those who have ulcerations in the skin
– Those who have any internal organ disorder
Come to AIM Chiropractic & Fitness to discover the amazing benefits of cupping therapy and how it can help you improve your health! Contact us today or book an online appointment with our cupping therapy specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Court, Suite A, Marietta, GA 30067. We serve patients from Marietta GA, Roswell GA (East Roswell), Kennesaw GA, Smyrna GA, Vinings GA, Alpharetta GA, and Powder Springs GA. We look forward to serving you!