Chiropractic Care Clinic in Marietta GA
Chronic pain, weariness, lack of energy, digestive issues, muscular pains, numbness, and tingling are all common reasons why people seek chiropractic care. Our doctors of chiropractic, Dr. Stephanie Smith, D.C., and Dr. Robin Young, D.C., at AIM Chiropractic & Fitness, can help with all of these conditions. We are conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Ct., Suite A Marietta, GA 30067. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Chiropractic care is a branch of the healing arts based on the scientific fact that the nervous system controls the function of every cell, tissue, organ, and system of the body. A chiropractor’s education emphasizes the importance of this relationship and its impact on overall health and well-being. Chiropractic care can be used to treat many different conditions, from acute injuries to chronic pain. Chiropractors use a combination of examinations, tests and adjustments to find the cause of the problem and develop a plan to care for the patient.
Chiropractic is a healthcare profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. Chiropractors believe that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system. A doctor of chiropractic (DC) uses nonsurgical spinal adjustments and other alternative treatments, the theory being that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to heal itself without surgery or medication. Manipulation is used to restore mobility to joints restricted by tissue injury caused by a traumatic event, such as falling, or repetitive stress, such as sitting without proper back support.
In general, there are three phases of chiropractic care; these may vary from practice to practice, but serve as a general guideline:
– The Acute Phase — This phase involves making adjustments to correct imbalances in the spine and setting the body on a path to self-healing, one of the fundamental principles of chiropractic. This initial phase may involve only a few adjustments, or it may include several over a longer duration. While this is not the end of the process, this is when alignment and health is restored to the spine.
– Stabilization and Healing — The results of chiropractic treatment are not always immediate—it can take days, weeks or even months for the body to fully adjust and for the benefits to be fully realized. This is really a case-by-case situation; each treatment plan is custom-tailored to meet the individual needs of each patient.
– Maintaining Your Health — The point of chiropractic care is not to have patients keep coming back indefinitely; instead, it is about restoring the patient to optimal health, and giving patients the tools and knowledge they need to maintain better health over time.
Chiropractic care is important for a number of reasons, mainly because it can restore a person’s form, function and range of motion, giving them the tools to live a better quality of life. Some important benefits chiropractic care provides include:
– Improves neck pain
– Reduces reliance on opioid pain relievers
– Eases back pain
– Reduces of osteoarthritis symptoms
– Eases headache symptoms
– More affordable treatment for chronic back pain
– High satisfaction (over 92%)
– Reduces scoliosis symptoms
– Helps improve posture
– Helps improve athletic performance
How often you need to visit the chiropractor for adjustments will depend on the type of injury you are seeking care for and the personal goals you have for recovery. As a general rule, in the beginning, most treatment plans will involve more frequent adjustments, and the frequency will decrease over time as the goal becomes maintenance rather than repair. Your chiropractor will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses your unique needs and sets you on the path to wellness.
If you live in or around Marietta, GA, and are looking for a trusted and well-established chiropractor, visit the kind and compassionate professionals at AIM Chiropractic & Fitness today! Contact us or book an online appointment at our chiropractic care clinic, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 3002 Kingston Court, Suite A, Marietta, GA 30067. We serve patients from Marietta GA, Roswell GA (East Roswell), Kennesaw GA, Smyrna GA, Vinings GA, Alpharetta GA, and Powder Springs GA. We look forward to serving you!